Link building techniques for SEO purposes
Importance of a backlink
A backlink is a link from other websites to our own websites. The number of followed links to our sites from high-quality sites is a direct proportionate of traffic. The more inbound links from quality sites, the more the ranking of the target site in search engines. If a search query of SEO Brisbane brings your Brisbane SEO site as the first result of Google, you can realize that your site has many links from quality SEO sites out there.
Ways to get backlinks
• Guest articles – reaching out quality blogs and sharing your relevant content with them in return for a backlink to your site without any compensation
• Broken links – informing a blogger about the broken links their site has and suggesting any alternate sites for them to gain a backlink
• Looking for competitor’s backlinks – looking for the sites from which your competitors get a backlink to reach them yourselves
• Directory posting – posting your site URLs in niche relevant directories to gain traffic
Illegal ways to get a backlink
• Forum posting – intentional posting comments or opinions without any actual knowledge which don’t add any value to the forum members is not recommended
• Blog commenting – commenting on high-quality blog articles with your URLs to attract the readers of that blog is not recommended
• Reciprocal Linking – linking with a blog in return for their link your blog, more or less like a partnership between the two to mutually increase traffic for their own sites is not recommended
• Sponsored Content – same as guest posting which is done by paying the host site to publish the content with a followed link instead of providing valuable content is not recommended.